Employer and Jobseeker Information
Free On Line Jobs Site - www.jobsearch.gov.au
- Job Search is Australia’s largest free online jobs site.
- Free advertising: Construct and advertise your jobs free of charge
- Application tracker: Manage your applications from job seekers online through our application tracker tool
- Find staff: Browse for staff to fill your jobs
- High visibility: JobSearch ranks fourth among the top job boards
- Phone the Employer Hotline 13 17 15 for general assistance with JobSearch, or to register and advertise your jobs.
- Local Job Services Australia (JSA) Providers - Your local provider will work with you to assess the type of skilled labour you need to grow your business. They don’t only refer Centrelink-registered jobseekers. JSAs will work to get the best fit with job seekers who suit your business needs.
Coonamble Shire Employment Contacts
Your local Job Active Services Australia provider can help you with the following services, free of charge including:
- candidate screening and short-listing support to help match appropriately skilled job seekers with your job opportunities.
- work experience opportunities - allowing you to be directly involved in developing the on-the-job training and skills that job seekers will need in your particular business.
- skills training for job seekers at levels suited to your business needs - your provider will be well connected with registered training organisations, accredited trainers, federal, state, territory and local government agencies, and community and health organisations.
- Help to access to the Australian Government’s free online Australian JobSearch database to register staff vacancies and search for new staff directly.
- Opportunities for wage assistance and subsidies - you may be able to receive wage subsidies to help support your business, for example, if you are able to provide ongoing work opportunities to people who have not worked for a while.
- Additional support to employ Indigenous Australians - a range of support services are available to help you recruit Indigenous Australians.
Traineeships and ApprenticeshipsContacts for local employers and Jobseekers. All these agencies visit our area.
Buy Yourself a Job
Self-employment can be a great option for enterprising individuals, with relatively low entry costs and reduced competition. There is a range of existing business opportunities available across the Shire and support for start-ups is also available. Some of the Businesses for Sale can be found hereRegional Links
Links to specific industry sector employment opportunities can be found here