Road Conditions

Major disruptions and roadworks are also listed via an interactive map on the NSW RTA web site

For a complete map of the Coonamble Shire Council's roads please download the below link:

Coonamble Shire Roads Map Coonamble Shire Roads Map (4416 KB)

Road Conditions Report

Road Condition report- Monday 21.09.2020 Road Condition report- Monday 21.09.2020 (190 KB)

Emergency services and flood information

Natural Disaster Assistance

Flood Recovery Assistance

As a result of the recent heavy rains and flooding, Coonamble Shire and other parts of the Central West have been declared a Natural Disaster Area.

If you have been affected by the recent flooding, you may want to investigate some of the services and assistance that have been made available, including:

  • mental health and crisis support 
  • housing assistance 
  • replacing certificates and licenses 
  •  assistance with livestock and animals 
  •  household support 
  •  insurance inquiries 
  •  legal assistance

You can find details on the Emergency NSW website at

Or call the Disaster Assistance help line on 1800 018 444.

Disaster Recovery Assistance

Assistance is also being provided through the jointly-funded Commonwealth-State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).

Assistance under the NDRRA includes:

  • help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
  • concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
  • freight subsidies for primary producers
  • grants to not-for-profit organisations.

You can find further details at or

Assistance for Primary Producers

NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) co-ordinate and provide recovery assistance and advice to landholders, primary producers, commercial fishers and other industries.

You can find details on the Department of Primary Industries website at in the Climate and Emergencies section.

Rural Women’s Network (RWN)

The RWN also provides links to support services and help lines. For details, go to or call 6391 3620.

Other Useful Contacts

Rural Adversity Mental Health Program: or call 6363 8444

Australian Red Cross:

Rural Assistance Authority: or call 1800 678 593

To report agricultural losses due to recent flooding call Local Land Services on 1300 795 299 or email

Emergency Assistance

In the event of an emergency, please dial 000 as per normal protocol.

For emergency assistance or enquiries regarding possible flooding please call SES on 132 500.