Council Departments

Administration Building – Cashier

Payments for all council related fees and charges can be made here.  EFT is now available over the counter and Rates and Water Bills can be paid through BPAY. Click here for more information. Companion Animal certificates and registration is also accepted here as are Coonamble Swimming Pool season tickets, water sales, quarry products etc.

Administration Building – Infrastructure

Applications for Development Applications, Construction Certificates, Grazing permits etc can be applied for here. Water quality, sewerage queries or call for an update on road conditions or to book a council reserve/facility. Tree removal, cemetery queries and applications for temporary on license functions can be made here. Call 02 6827 1900.

Administration Building – Rates

Queries regarding rates, lot and deposit plan numbers, water billing and land amalgamations are received here. Also payment arranges for rates arrears/owing. Call 02 6827 1900.

Administration Building – Economic Development

If you are thinking of developing a new business or need advice/help with an existing one, please don’t hesitate to contact the General Manager. Click here for more information

Library (located next to the Administration Building)

Photocopying, facsimile and computer facilities are available for use/hire. A homebound programme is available for those unable to come to the library. Videos, DVDs, CDs, talking books and large print are available for loan. (02) 6827 1925

Tourism and Events

Queries regarding tourism, visitor attractions, events assistance and marketing can be emailed to or visit the Coonamble Visitor Information Centre, near the Administration Building, in Castlereagh Street, Coonamble.

Service NSW – (located near the Administration Building, at 84 Castlereagh Street, Coonamble)

Open 5 days a week, the agency is available for knowledge and driver tests as well as most roads and related queries. Call 137788 for appointments or queries.


The Ranger is available for microchipping and the surrender of dogs or cats. Please contact the Ranger to organise a time suitable - 0427 255 881.

Rural Fire Service

The Fire Control Officer is no longer located in the Council Office. You can contact the Rural Fire Service on 02 6822 4422. Call for burning permits, overgrown blocks/fire hazard, fire conditions report.