Employment, Business and Investment Opportunities
The Coonamble Local Government Area is an opportune place to invest, expand an existing business and live.
Advantages of investing and living in the Coonamble LGA include:
- Affordable housing and commercial real estate
- Affordable land, with low construction costs and experienced commercial and industrial builders within the region
- Reduced annual overheads
- Moderate climate ideal for agriculture, tourism and lifestyle
- An escape from city life to an enjoyable lifestyle and community
Stimulating employment, general population growth and the attraction of new businesses are essential elements in building a sustainable region.
Coonamble Shire Council and other agencies in the area contribute to this growth by:
- Retaining the benefits from the agricultural sector
- Minimising the leakage of consumer spending from the Coonamble Local Government Area.
- Maximising local and regional tourism opportunities.
- Advancing major projects.
- Supporting investment from a wide range of investors, including State and Federal Governments.
Investment and business opportunities within the Coonamble Local Government Area have predominately centred on agricultural activities. While the agricultural sector remains the 'backbone' of the region, a range of business opportunities are emerging, including tourism product development and home-based businesses.
The competitive advantages of the region assist in providing growth opportunities for existing business and allow for the creation of new industries and services to establish within the Local Government Area.
Inspect the area’s natural assets and infrastructure and explore the range of business opportunities that are currently available across the district. You can purchase a well-established business at an affordable price or start a new venture in a supportive environment.
A selection of quality commercial premises are available for sale or lease, and expressions of interest are now being received for well-serviced blocks in Coonamble's expanded industrial estate. Value-adding opportunities exist to the district's range of primary produce.
To find a job in Coonamble, click here.
Invest in the Hooper Drive Industrial Estate. Click here for more information.