If you are a pensioner, you may be entitled to a rebate of up to $250 on your rates, and up to $87.50 on annual water charges and up to $87.50 off annual sewerage charges (if council provides these services) if:
- You pay rates at the property you live in and hold a Pensioner Concession Card, or
- You are the owner occupier of a property and hold a Pensioner Concession Card.
You can apply for a pensioner rebate in person at Council’s Administration Office, 80 Castlereagh Street, Coonamble, between 8.30am and 5pm weekdays.
If you come into the office, you’ll need to bring with you:
- Your concession card.
- A recent rates notice.
You can also download and complete an application for the Pensioner Rebate here.
|Pensioner Rebate Application Form|
Those eligible to apply for a Pensioner Rebate are:
- Holders of the PCC (Pensioner Concession Card).
- Holders of a gold card embossed with 'TPI' (Totally Permanently Incapacitated).
- Holders of a gold card embossed with 'EDA' (Extreme Disablement Adjustment).
- War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the Pensioner Concession Card.*
* If you are a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner but do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, you should contact the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) to test your eligibility for the DVA income support supplement. Eligibility is subject to an income and assets test. For assistance from the DVA call 133 254.
Holders of cards other than those listed above are not eligible for the concession.
If you make a false statement to secure a rebate to which you are not entitled, you may be guilty of an offence and fined up to $2,220.
People facing financial hardship may be eligible for assistance under Council’s Financial Hardship Policy, available here.
If you have any questions, please call Council on (02) 6827 1900.