Level 1 water restrictions currently apply to all households and businesses on the Coonamble Town Water Supply, meaning:
- Residents may only use hand-held hoses, fitted with a trigger nozzle.
- Watering of lawns and gardens by hand is allowed before 10am and after 5pm, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle.
- Please do not hose down hard surfaces such as concrete paths or driveways.
- Sprinklers and watering systems are not to be used.
More specifically for gardens and lawns:
- Please use only one hand-held hose or a single drip-irrigation system at a time, after 5pm or before 10am.
- Watering cans and buckets are permitted.
- New turf can be watered for one week, as per instructions.
For vehicles, buildings and boats:
- Washing vehicles and buildings is allowed with a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle.
- Washing of bins with high-pressure equipment or a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle is permitted.
- High-pressure cleaning equipment is allowed.
For new and existing private swimming pools and external spas:
- Only top-up or fill pools and spas using a hand-held hose between 5pm and 10am.
- Please cover pools and spas while not in use to reduce evaporation.
Council will review the restrictions daily, in line with the performance of its water treatment plant and thanks residents and business owners for their patience and cooperation during this time.
Individual householders or businesses who consider they have special circumstances that prevent their abiding by these restrictions are asked to complete a request to be exempted. In your request, please give specific details and reasons why your situation should be excused from the water restrictions.
These restrictions do not apply to the Gulargambone or Quambone water supplies.