Major disruptions and roadworks are listed via an interactive map on the NSW Live Traffic website at: www.livetraffic.com
For a complete map of the Coonamble Shire Council's roads please download from the link below:
|Coonamble Shire Road Map|
Current Road Conditions
|Gibson Way||OPEN WITH CAUTION|
Gibson Way is currently open, with caution, within Coonamble Local Government Area but closed mid-way between Quambone and Burrima Boardwalk at Bulgeraga Creek. Access the Burrima Boardwalk is possible from Carinda or Warren.
|Unsealed Roads||OPEN WITH CAUTION|
Unsealed roads within the Local Government Area are open to all traffic, with drivers requested to exercise caution, particularly at causeways. Traffic driving on unsealed roads will encounter such hazards as boggy patches and water lying in causeways.
|Road Condition Report - Friday 23 December 2022 9am|
When local unsealed roads are closed to travel, primary producers are kindly requested to reschedule the movement of heavy vehicles until the unsealed sections of the route between their properties and the sealed road network has thoroughly dried out. This includes the movement of headers between properties using unsealed local roads.
Road users are reminded that:
- They may be liable for any damage that they cause to the road that is closed to their vehicle type.
- Travelling on roads covered with water is extremely dangerous and should be avoided.
- Road conditions can change without warning and, if roads are open, drivers should travel with caution.
- Unsealed roads damage very easily when they are wet.
- Repairs to damaged roads are not usually possible until the roads and gravel stockpiles begin to dry out.
- Council prioritises repairs, with higher trafficked roads usually receiving attention first.
- Emergency vehicles are exempt from this directive, in the course of responding to legitimate emergencies, as are local landowners undertaking essential travel.
Road conditions in neighbouring areas
For road conditions in neighbouring Local Government Areas, choose from the links below: