Major disruptions and roadworks are listed via an interactive map on the NSW Live Traffic website at: www.livetraffic.com
For a complete map of the Coonamble Shire Council's roads please download from the link below:
|Coonamble Shire Road Map|
Current Road Conditions
|Unsealed Roads||OPEN TO 4WD ONLY|
Unsealed roads within the Local Government Area are open to 4WD vehicles only, with drivers requested to exercise caution, particularly at causeways. Emby Road and the unsealed section of Gulargambone Road remain closed to allow flood repair work to be carried out.
|Road Condition Report - Monday 23 May 2022 4pm|
When local unsealed roads are closed to travel, primary producers are kindly requested to reschedule the movement of heavy vehicles until the unsealed sections of the route between their properties and the sealed road network has thoroughly dried out. This includes the movement of headers between properties using unsealed local roads.
Road users are reminded that:
- They may be liable for any damage that they cause to the road that is closed to their vehicle type.
- Travelling on roads covered with water is extremely dangerous and should be avoided.
- Road conditions can change without warning and, if roads are open, drivers should travel with caution.
- Unsealed roads damage very easily when they are wet.
- Repairs to damaged roads are not usually possible until the roads and gravel stockpiles begin to dry out.
- Council prioritises repairs, with higher trafficked roads usually receiving attention first.
- Emergency vehicles are exempt from this directive, in the course of responding to legitimate emergencies.
Road conditions in neighbouring areas
For road conditions in neighbouring Local Government Areas, choose from the links below: