Click here to view available job vacancies with Coonamble Shire Council.
Your local Jobactive Services Australia provider can help both employers and job seekers with the following services, free of charge:
- Candidate screening and short-listing support to help match appropriately skilled job seekers with your job opportunities.
- Work experience opportunities - allowing you to be directly involved in developing the on-the-job training and skills that job seekers will need in your particular business.
- Skills training for job seekers at levels suited to your business needs - your provider will be well connected with registered training organisations, accredited trainers, Federal, State, Territory and Local Government agencies, and community and health organisations.
- Help to access to the Australian Government's free online Australian JobSearch database to register staff vacancies and search for new staff directly.
- Opportunities for wage assistance and subsidies - you may be able to receive wage subsidies to help support your business, for example, if you are able to provide ongoing work opportunities to people who have not worked for a while.
- Additional support to employ Indigenous Australians - a range of support services are available to help you recruit Indigenous Australians.
73 Castlereagh Street, Coonamble, 2829
02 6822 5642
58 Castlereagh St, Coonamble, 2829
1300 787 392
Become your own boss
Self-employment can be a great option for enterprising individuals, with relatively low entry costs and reduced competition. There is a range of existing business opportunities available across the Local Government Area, and support for start-ups is also available.